Sovereign Bank, Reading PA
Computer room relocation.
Design, budgeted, implemented and managed the migration of Sovereign's primary data center to a new location while maintaining maximum access to all business systems and minimizing the outage windows required to complete the migration. The effort involved 3 months of planning, 4 months of construction and 3 migration weekends to transfer power, communications and all computer room equipment.
- Design of new computer room
- Migration planning of services from the existing to the new computer room
- Maintaining connectivity between the old and new computer rooms to stage migration effort
- Inventory of all existing server and communication links
- Coordination of: engineering design planning; communication service moves; data cabling; device moves; construction contractors; HVAC contractors
- Coordination of integration of environment control systems
- Coordination of integration of security systems
- Planning and support for personnel moves
- Management of all contractors
- Decommission of old data center and return the
space for office use
Power conduit installation
Cable tray installation